- Where does this person need to get their data for unclaimed property records (AP, Payroll, etc.)? Provide the names of your contacts in these departments.
- How often does this person need to gather the data mentioned above?
- Which property codes do you normally use?
- If you are using a software system for reporting, provide instructions for accessing and logging into the system. Provide contact information for technical support.
- What is your process for sending letters? Where are the letter templates stored? How often should letters be run?
- What is the process for handling a claim when an owner comes forward? Include all systems that will need to be updated.
- Create a folder on a shared network drive to store your import files, state reports, cover sheets, and other important files. Include the location of these files in the manual.
- If you use a software system such as UPEnterprise, the new user will be able to find state website links and contact information within the software. Include instructions for accessing this information. If you do not have software, include the website links and contact information for all states to which you report.
- Anything else you wish you would have known when you had to take over the reporting task.
Get in touch with a Sovos unclaimed property expert to learn more about managing your unclaimed property compliance processes.