This last fiscal year was anything but easy. The beverage alcohol industry made numerous pivots in everything from distribution plans to instilling new delivery options to continuously (and safely) meet customer needs. Sovos ShipCompliant worked to ensure that our own clients were able to stay compliant and equipped for success amid tough circumstances.
Here are some key numbers from the past fiscal year (June 2020 through July 2021) that tell the story of how we partnered with customers and integrated partners alike to enable mutually beneficial outcomes:
- In fiscal year 2021, the ShipCompliant product team delivered 63 releases and 598 product enhancements.
- The ShipCompliant platform ensured the compliance of 21,543,228 direct-to-consumer alcohol shipments through real-time compliance verification at the point of sale.
- We processed 144,920 brand registrations through our Product Registration Online (PRO) and Market Ready platforms.
- ShipCompliant successfully transmitted 4.7 million orders directly to third-party fulfillment houses for processing.
- We handled nearly 800 million API calls.
- The AutoFile team generated more than 124,524 reports with the amount due totaling some $58,850,862.05
- We collaborated with more than 60 technology partners, including introducing an integration with BigCommerce via iFuel’s new Alcohol2Consumer integration solution.
Educating on the latest industry trends
The beverage alcohol industry is ever-evolving, meaning there are always changing rules and regulations and new types of best practices for producers, shippers, importers and more. We strive to provide ample education opportunities and discussions on the latest trends:
- We conducted nine free educational webinars, covering topics such as:
(Check out all our past webinars, free and available on demand.)
- Sovos ShipCompliant published 60 blogs, reports and white papers, covering a wide range of topics in the wine, beer, spirits and cider industries. These included:
- Key benchmark and analytical reports, including the 11th annual DtC wine shipping report and the first-ever DtC beer shipping report.
- The latest coverage and discussion on tax regulation updates and how states are evolving their approaches to DtC shipping of alcohol.
- Updates on industry and Sovos ShipCompliant-hosted events like our annual Wine Summit, which was a free virtual event in 2021.
- The latest ShipCompliant product updates, including new Product Registration Online (PRO) renewal enhancements that will help suppliers and states ensure even more efficient workflows.
- The launch of our “Back to Basics” series, highlighting important steps in the DtC shipping process, such as correctly labeling shipped alcohol boxes and how to get licensed.
Want to stay up-to-date on all things ShipCompliant? Sign up for our blog updates and keep current on regulatory and legislative changes, beverage alcohol industry news and more!