After a tumultuous 18 months due to COVID-19, the events industry is finally bouncing back.
Pre-Covid, this global industry was valued at more than USD $1,135 billion in 2019 and was expected to grow. This took a significant knock when planned events were cancelled on masse.
There is now a light at the end of the tunnel with 73% of event planners having successfully transitioned their events online (EventMB, 2020) and the resurgence of in-person events in recent weeks.
When organising events online and in-person it is important to understand the VAT implications.
We will be joined by our VAT experts on 26 October 2021 to discuss:
- Why VAT needs to be accounted for when organising events
- The place of supply rules – where does VAT need to be accounted for?
- What is the difference between VAT obligations for an in-person event or an online event?
- Common errors events companies make with VAT
- Top tips for remaining VAT compliant from the planning to the execution of events
Mathilde Dorance – Senior Consultant, Sovos
Lauren Trigwell – Sales Director, Sovos