The Utah State Tax Commission recently published an update to Form TC-69, Business and Tax Registration Form. This form is used by businesses and employers in Utah to register themselves with the state for tax payment and reporting purposes, including withholding tax.
There are a few updates to the form, which are as follows:
- The “tax.utah.gov” URL was added for processing purposes.
- Additional instructions were added for Boxes 2b and 2c in Section 2 – General Information:
- “Only fill out lines 2b and 2c if you have a physical presence in Utah.”
- Box 2g added the phrase “…for a business physically located in Utah” to the box description.
- Box 2g requires the name of the local Utah government issuing the business license.
- Section 7e added certain threshold information for businesses with no physical or representational presence in Utah;
- Filers must indicate whether Utah sales in the last year exceeded either $100,000, and whether sales transactions reached 200 or more in the past year.
To review this form in its entirety, please click here.