Kansas recently released the following publications for tax year 2020/reporting year 2021:
- K-2MT (Kansas W-2 Specifications for Electronic Filing – EFW2 Format)
- K-99CSV (Kansas 1099 Specifications for Electronic Filing – CSV Format)
- K-99MT (Kansas 1099 specifications for Electronic Filing – Pub. 1220 Format)
- KW-2CSV (Kansas W-2 Specifications for Electronic Filing – CSV Format)
Aside from some minor formatting changes, the only changes for K-2MT, KW-2CSV, or the KW-3ECSV was that the year was updated for each form.
For the remaining forms, details on changes are listed below.
- 1099-K and 1099-NEC will be required for Tax Year 2020
- Specifications have been added for Forms 1099-K following the 1099-INT specifications.
- Specifications for Form 1099-NEC have been added after the 1099-MISC specifications.
- 1099-MISC specifications Column number 38 for Gross Proceeds Paid to an Attorney has had “or blank” added to the column number.
- Kansas follows the 1220 format for 1099 state reporting and will require Forms 1099-K and 1099-NEC forms for Tax Year 2020 using the IRS 1220 format.