The IRS has updated Form 5165, “Guide for Electronically Filing Affordable Care Act (ACA) Information Returns for Software Developers and Transmitters,” for Processing Year 2019.
The following changes have been made:
- More information has been provided regarding the creation of an e-Services account. Additionally, there is a 2-factor authentication process.
- The List of Authorized Certificate Authorities has a new certificate type. “IGC Medium Assurance Device, naming a device” is now a part of Table 4-1, with instructions as to how to obtain this type of certificate.
- The Transmission Types table has been removed
- Nine (9) new Fault Codes have been added, providing for more specificity in identifying errors.
- Under Table 5-2, “Schema Valid Business rules,” Error Code AIRSH101 has been removed
- Under table 6-1, “AIR Forms Acknowledgment Schema Elements,” under Element “Element Submission StatusCD,” the “Partially Accepted” explanation is no longer listed.
- Section 7 has been structurally reorganized to provide better clarity.
To view Publication 5165 in full, please follow the link.