The South Carolina Department of Revenue recently released an updated version of Publication RS-1, Instructions and Specifications for Filing Forms W-2. This publication is used for guidance when filing W-2 reports with the South Carolina Department of Revenue, and provides specifications for electronic (including magnetic media) filing.
Please note that the deadline for W-2 reporting in South Carolina is on January 31, which has passed.
There are some minor changes to the publication in this most recent update.
- The mailing address for Paper and CD-ROM filing was updated to include a P.O. Box:
- SC Department of Revenue, PO Box 125, Columbia, SC 29214-0022 (for Paper)
- SC Department of Revenue, PO Box 125, Columbia, SC 29214-0885 (for CD-ROM)
- Filing by CD ROM is limited to less than 250 records.
- This is a clarification from previous versions, which do not make this distinction.
To review this publication in full, please click [here|https://dor.sc.gov/forms-site/Forms/RS1.pdf].