The Departamento de Hacienda of Puerto Rico recently released Form 480.6B, Informative Return – Income Subject to Withholding. This form must be prepared by every person engaged in trade or business in Puerto Rico that has made payments subject to withholding.
There are a number of updates to the TY 2018 version of this form, which include:
- Additional boxes pertaining to payee information, including Special Contributions for Professional and Advisory Services under Act 48-2013; Reimbursed Expenses; and Responsibility of Payment to Health Providers.
- These payment types are reflected throughout the form, including the Payer and Payee instructions.
- Boxes for payments relating to “Health Services” and “Physicians Act of 14-2017” under Types of Income.
- Updated instructions relating to payments made to health service providers of physicians under Act 14-2017.
- A change to how to report payments exempt from Box 3 – Payments for Judicial or Extrajudicial Indemnification;
- Formerly these exempt payments were reportable on Form 480.6D, but are now reportable in Boxes 16/16A/16B on Form 499R-2/W-2PR.
To review this form in full, please click here.