The Ohio Department of Taxation has published W-2 Magnetic Media specifications for TY2018 reporting. The following record changes have been made:
- A new box 12 Code GG money field, Income from Qualified Equity Grant Under Section 83, has been added to the:
- RO (Employee Optional) Record in positions 122-132
- RU (Total Optional) Record in positions 160-174
- A new box 12 Code HH money field, Aggregate Deferrals Under Section 83 Elections as of the Close of the Calendar Year, has been added to the:
- RO (Employee Optional) Record in positions 133-143
- RU (Total Optional) Record in positions 175-189
In addition to the above record changes, the following changes have been made:
- The Social Security Wage Base for TY2018 is $128,400
- The employer and employee tax rate for Social Security will be withheld at 6.2% up to $7,960.80
- The 2018 Social Security and Medicare coverage threshold for Household wages is $2,100
The “Filing Reminders” section has been expanded, with more information provided for clarity.
To review the specifications in full, please follow the link.