Indiana recently released updates to both its W-2 and WH-3 Guide and its W-2G and 1099 Guide which are the specifications for electronic filing. Few changes were made but the most important of these are listed below. Most notable is that all references to the RV record have been removed, and that Indiana states that it no longer requires the RV record. For details, see below.
• For Electronic Filing and Withholding, WH-19 Forms have been replaced by the IN K-1 form which is filed electronically with the appropriate annual form. WH-18 forms will no longer be accepted.
• All non-Indiana-specific fields have been left off of the individual record breakdowns, all Indiana-specific fields are unchanged.
• Added reminder that supporting documents need to be submitted electronically via the new INTIME system. As of December 1, 2020, the Indiana DOR will no longer accept removable media including CD, DVD, or USB, 3480 or 3490 cartridges from customers needing to submit documents.
• Indiana no longer has a unique RV record and no longer requires an RV record. Only the RS record is now unique to Indiana. The Code RS section found on page 6 has the only deviations Indiana requires from the Federal EFW2 specifications
• References to the Indiana RV record have been removed throughout the document