The Canada Revenue Agency recently published their TY 2019 (calendar year 2020) specifications for reporting information returns electronically. These specifications are used to transmit information returns like the T5 and T5008 slips to the CRA electronically.
There were a number of changes to these specifications from TY 2018, a selection of which are listed below:
- No Changes for TY 2019.
- Code 136 was renamed “Canadian Benefit for Parents of Young Victims of Crime (PYVC).
- No changes for TY 2019.
- The Recipient Account Number field was updated, allowing up to 15 alphanumeric fields to accommodate changes to Box 22 input for certain entity types.
- This reflects the change for certain entities (sole proprietorship, partnerships, corporations) who are required to report their Business Number in combination with other information.
- The Recipient Account Number field was updated in order to accommodate changes to the Box 12 input for the T5008.
- The field now accommodates 9-15 digits for Box 12 input, reflecting the change for certain entities who are required to report their Business Number in combination with other information.
- A number of fields which previously reported dollar amounts only were changed to allow reporting of dollar and cent amounts. As a result, these field character limits were increased by two (2) digits.
To review these specifications in full, please visit the CRA Electronic Filing page by clicking here.