Despite the pandemic and work-from-home or limited workforce situations plaguing U.S. companies this year, IRS compliance requirements associated with “B”(CP2100) and “P” (972CG) Notices have not been relaxed. Each of these notices require your organization to take a series of actions within specific timelines in order to avoid being assessed penalties under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) sections §6721 and §6722.
Five things to ask yourself about your organizational processes in advance of the upcoming season:
- With most employees working remotely, do you or your team still have access to receive the incoming IRS Notices via mail? What about the returned Forms W-9 from recipients you solicited?
- Is there a secure process in place to transport the sensitive personal information to the employees’ residence for researching the details and responding to notices?
- Do you or your team have scanning capabilities to return legal responses that require wet signatures or other printed correspondence?
- Do you or your team have remote mass printing and mailing capabilities so that solicitations can be generated by the due dates?
- Is there technology in place for you or your team to coordinate the details of each notice and track each step of the compliance process?
Join us on July 30 for the webinar, The Complete A-Z Guide to IRS “B” (CP2100) and “P” (972CG) Notices, and learn more about the requirements and ways your organization can prepare for this season. Register today.